If you disagree with the outcome of your hearing, write an appeal request.
- Bring or send it to arrive at 325 Aylesworth Hall NW within 7 business days of receiving your hearing outcome letter. Email is acceptable: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address it to the Chair of the University Discipline Panel
- Answer these questions:
- Was the hearing conducted fairly? Did you have a chance to present relevant information?
- Was the decision reached based on substantial, sufficient information?
- Were the sanctions appropriate for the violation?
- Were you suspended or expelled from the University?
- Is new information available that may impact the decision?
After reviewing your request, the Chair of the University Discipline Panel will do one of these things:
- Grant the appeal
- Return the case to Conflict Resolution and Student Conduct Services for further consideration
- Deny the appeal
If an appeal is granted, the Appeals Committee will review your case and make one of these decisions:
- Reverse the Hearing Officer’s decision
- Affirm the Hearing Officer’s decision
- Return the case to Conflict Resolution and Student Conduct Services to consider new information
You will receive the Appeals Committee decision in writing. The Committee’s decision is final.
If you want more information on the appeals process or assistance in submitting an appeal, contact Melissa Emerson at 970.491.7165. Full details about the appeal process are in the Student Conduct Code.